Design Services and Accessories
A passion for design excellence
Materials and services
Essential design points we go over together
Give yourself ample time to go through the different fabrics and blind choices. There are virtually thousands to choose from. This is something you are going to be living with for a long time so we want you to be excited and delighted with your choice.
- Is there any concern about any items in the room which may be affected by direct sunlight such as fabrics or woods? Do you need to consider light filtering or room darkening?
- On that same subject - Are there any concerns about light filtering through the blinds or drapery? If someone in your home is a light sleeper, do you need room darkening blinds or a shift worker who requires it to be dark during the day.
- Is it important for you to be able to see through the blinds during the day – will you be putting the blinds up and down a lot?
- Security – how important is the window covering in certain areas of the home and with this in mind what would be the best choice for this area?
- Consider heat reduction in the summer and insulating factor in the winter.
- What kind of control do you need on the blind? Consider how high the window is and whether you can reach the control or may need a remote controlled operation.
- Do you have children or pets in the home and are considering cordless blinds
Prior to your visit feel free to check out the Hunter Douglas site to narrow your preferred choices.